Meet The New Google Toilet
The New Google Toilet Knows What You’re Shopping For! The Google Toilet spoof video is a definitely a play on Google’s ‘everywhere, everything’ presence. Today it does seem like Google can anticipate what you are looking for, what you are shopping for, and even where you are at any given time. If you have ever searched for an item only to be shown ads selling that exact same thing the next day, you know what this video is talking about.
Video shows us that the next logical step might just be the Google Toilet. This is a special toilet that sifts through your ‘deposit’ (it Googles it!) and then it can tell what foods you like (such as Indian food) and even what vitamins you are deficient in. Maybe even showing you ads for Vitamin B12 the next time you sit down at your PC.
The Google Toilet even gets your toxicology reports before you do, and posts them to social media.
The toilet sifts through your ‘crap’ (literally) and catalogues your information. The voice over announcer asks what is the worst that could happen, what with Google being ‘way up your ass’? At just that moment, the government storms in with guns, telling him he’s not right and the way he is living his life is not condoned by the government. They whisk him off to Gitmo as he screams about his rights. Our announcer apologizes, simply explaining, “Sorry, dude, they Googled you.”
Definitely a parody of where the world is right now, with plenty of internet spying and tracking going on, but it does have some good points.
It may not be the funniest video, or even a funny one, but like the book 1984, it seems to say, Is this is present day tracking? What’s next? Could it be a Google Toilet? Let’s hope not.
- Tomorrow Is World Toilet Day. So … Show Us Your Toilet (fastcoexist.com)
- Koultoura Coffee (figuresofhappiness.wordpress.com)
- Building a Better Toilet Plunger…or three (rotorooter.com)
- A future for Bristol’s public toilets? (bristol-culture.com)
- A blog about a toilet…. heheh (picturecrazymama.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways Toilets Change the World (livescience.com)
- How to Fix Your Clogged Toilet (rotorooter.com)
- Non-profit wins $300,000 Google prize to make India’s first open-defecation free city (thestar.blogs.com)
- 4 Men and a Female- Two Weeks! (elledouglassinger.wordpress.com)
- Loo-nacy: Terrifying toilet on edge of cliff is height of stu-poo-dity (metro.co.uk)